PEMSEA forges partnerships with governments of the region, across public and private sectors of the economy, and with civil society groups, in establishing a functional framework for the management and protection of the coastal and marine resources of the Seas of East Asia.
Collaborative activities between PEMSEA and various agencies, organizations and institutions include:
- training and capacity building
- ICM parallel site development and implementation
- public awareness and communication
- environmental investments
- information sharing and exchange
Particularly, efforts have been made to establish partnership arrangements in support of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Strategy for the Seas of East Asia (SDS-SEA).