PEMSEA Resource Facility
The PEMSEA Resource Facility (PRF) has two functions: (1) providing Secretariat Services; and (2) providing Technical Services.
The PRF Secretariat Services performs the following functions:
- Providing secretariat support to the EAS Partnership Council, the Executive Committee, the Ministerial Forum, the Regional Partnership Fund and the EAS Congress;
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and capacity building;
- Preparing proposals for new initiatives, and mobilizing resources for their implementation, taking into account as appropriate the business plan and marketing strategy of the Technical Services for the implementation of the SDS-SEA;
- Preparing and submitting to the Council a consolidated report of the programme development and implementation, including financial statements;
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the SDS-SEA;
- Coordinating the updating of the SDS-SEA, taking into account changing conditions, emerging issues and other related factors, on a periodic basis; and
- Performing such other functions as may be assigned to it by the EAS Partnership Council.
The PRF Technical Services performs the following functions:
- Developing and implementing a dynamic business plan and marketing strategy for the implementation of the SDS-SEA, in coordination with the PRF Secretariat Service in terms of project proposal development;
- Providing technical, financial, investment and management services for specific projects and programmes, as appropriate;
- Developing and implementing a process for recognizing and certifying good practices in the implementation of the SDS-SEA;
- Recommending the operation and management of the Regional Partnership Fund to the EAS Partnership Council, and implementing the Council's decision; and
- Implementing projects approved by the EAS Partnership Council.
The PRF is headed by the Executive Director. The Executive Director ensures then coordination between the Secretariat and Technical Services, particularly in terms of programme development and implementation.
The PRF Secretariat Services is funded by voluntary contributions from the Partner countries of the Seas of East Asia region and from other available sources. The PRF Technical Services are funded through sponsored projects and programmes.